16 January 2008

one psalm

O Lord, you search me and you know me,
you know my resting and my rising,
you discern my purpose from afar.
You mark when I walk or lie down,
all my ways lie open to you.

O search me, God and know my thoughts.
See that I follow not the wrong path
and lead me in the path of life eternal...
Psalm 139:1-3, 23-24

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Lord, reveal the stories beyond the valleys i find in life, where i cling to a protected space where i wish to be certain of everything. i rather gamble or make decisions in the name of instinct or fate, rather than rest secure before your simple presence or a crumbling yet trusting faith. i have reserved my own private time for self and those mental fabrications that inflate my little life. i seek humility through my own careful introspection. fear is mixed with yearnings and quiet greed with courage. and i withdraw into me.


prompt me to look back home. to space. single nights. and the history of my life which you redeemed and brought me through.

No comments: