25 August 2006




After the Fire by Boey Kim Cheng
STimes 20 Aug.

A note of thanks to my former lit. students who alerted me about Boey's latest collection, After the Fire, launched recently after a hiatus of 10 years...special thanks also to Aziz who sent the STimes article (Sunday Times 20 August) all the way from home. From what i recalled, it has indeed taken him alot to step out into the public to share his thoughts once more. I enjoyed the article because it reflected much of his voice and the many roads and moments we took in walking with Another Place.

I would like to encourage all to attend the book launch on Sept. 9 , 7pm at S'pore Art Museum. Would certainly be there if circumstances permitted so.

Take my place, if you can and support our homegrown writers who have done and broken so much word to lead you home.




















we go on without a return ticket, on the trail
of the vanished song

another place



No comments: